A sphygmomanometer is a device that measures blood pressure. It is composes of an inflatable rubber cuff, which is wrapped around the arm. A measuring device indicates the cuff's pressure. A bulb inflates the cuff and a valve releases pressure. A stethoscope is used to listen to arterial blood flow sounds.
This DIP air pressure sensor is suitable for biomedical, meteorology and other fields. The core part is pressure sensor chip which is make by the MEMS pressure technology.
- With wide applicable temperature range.
- Easy to use and install.
- Fits for the following types:
1. Automobile: tire pressure gauge, vehicle-mounted air pump, the MAP sensors, diagnostic equipment, automotive sensors.
2. Industry: air brake switch, portable pressure gauge, such as digital pressure gauge, environment monitor.
3. Medical equipment: patient monitoring and diagnostic equipment, such as blood pressure monitor, medical instrument, and monitor.
This component measures air pressure of up to 40kPa
- Measuring medium: air
- Measuring range: 0-40kPa
- Operating temperature range: -40 ° ~ + 125 °
- Storage Temperature: -40 ° ~ + 150 °
- Humidity: (50% ± 10%) RH
- Ambient temperature: (25 ± 1) °
- Medium temperature: (25 ± 1) °
- Output impedance: 4kΩ ~ 6kΩ
- Zero output: -15mV~+15mV
- Hysteresis: +-0.7%F.S.
- Power supply: ≤10V DC or ≤2.0mA DC
- Insulation resistance: 100MΩ, 100VDC
Getting started with the MPS20N0040D-D Sphygmomanometer Pressure Sensor 0-40kPa DIP-6
- 1x MPS20N0040D-D Pressure Sensor
- 2x 10k Resistors
- 2x 47k Resistors
- 1x 1k Resistors
- 1x 2.2k Resistors
- 1x LM358 Op-Amp
- 1x Arduino UNO R3
Connecting the Hardware
Connect MPS20N0040D-D Pressure Sensor to arduino as shown below
Upload the sample sketch
const int analogInPin = A0; // Analog input pin that the potentiometer is attached to
int sensorValue = 0; // value read from the pressure sensor via the amplifier stage
float outputValue = 0; // value output to the Serial port and LCD display
// initialize serial communications at 9600 bps:
// read the analog in value:
sensorValue = analogRead(analogInPin);
outputValue = map(sensorValue, 491, 1023, 0, 100); //The zero value of sensor is around 491
// print the results to the serial monitor:
Serial.print(“sensor = ” );
Serial.print(“\toutput = “);
// wait 500 milliseconds before the next loop
// for the analog-to-digital converter to settle
// after the last reading:
Testing the circuit
open your serial monitor by clicking on the icon in the right top corner(like search icon).
Before to apply the pressure