RAK7244 LPWAN Developer Gateway - RAK7244C (EG95-E) - EU868
- RAK7244C - this is the Cellular version that includes the RPI 4, RAK2245, and the RAK2013 Cellular Pi HAT
The RAK7244 LPWAN Developer Gateway is a successor of RAK7243 LPWAN Developer Gateway. This device consists of a Raspberry Pi 4, a RAK2245 Pi HAT, which includes a GPS module and a Heat Sink for better performance and thermal heat dissipation management, and an optional RAK2013 Cellular Pi HAT. Its housing is entirely built from aluminum.
The built-in RAK2245 Pi HAT uses the SX1301 RF front-end chip from Semtech, which is a powerful LoRa® digital processing engine. It is able to receive up to 8 LoRa® packets simultaneously sent with different spreading factors on different channels and available in multiple variants so it can be used for all LoRa Alliance® frequency bands. This unique capability allows for innovative network architectures to be implemented, which is advantageous over other short-range systems. The built-in RAK2013 Cellular Pi HAT is based on the EG95 from Quectel, which is an LTE CAT4 module optimized specifically for M2M and IoT applications.
The RAK7244 LPWAN Developer Gateway is a Class A and C compliant that is ideal for prototyping, proof-of-concept demonstrations or for the evaluation of future deployment scenarios. It includes a ready to use Firmware based on Raspbian OS, which makes it possible to connect the Gateway to any standard LoRaWAN® Server. It is developer-friendly as the large Raspbian OS community is a well-established one. It is especially suited to addressing a variety of applications like Smart Grids, Intelligent Farms, and other IoT Enterprise applications.
Complete documentation of this product can be found on our website documentation page.
To know the difference between EG95-E and EG95-NA, please refer to the following table:
|Carrier Certification*||Verizon/ AT&T/ T-Mobile/ Telus/ U.S. Cellular/ Rogers|
* Certifications are for the RAK2013 Cellular Pi HAT Module only, not the whole device.
- Refreshed Case design with a new MCU (Raspberry Pi4)
- Preassembled, fully functioning LPWAN developer gateway
- Full LoRaWAN® Stack support (version 1.0.2)
- Supports for 8 channels and spreading factors (SF7-SF12)
- Band support: 433MHz, 470MHz, 865MHz, 868MHz, 915MHz, 920MHz, 923MHz
- Tx Power: 27 dBm Max
- RX Sensitivity: -139dBm
- Integrates Ublox MAX-7Q GPS module
- Quectel EG95 LTE module
RAK7244C (LTE variant)
- 1unit RAK7244C LPWAN Developer Gateway
- 2x LTE Antenna
- 1pc LoRa® Antenna
- 1pc GPS Antenna
- 1pc Power Adaptor
- 1pc SD Card
- Product Dimensions: 68.3mm x 92mm x 53.5mm