74LS155 Dual 2-Bit Binary Decoder/Demultiplexer IC
74LS155 is a member of the 74XXYY family of TTL logic gates. The design is intended for the chip to be used in high-performance memory-decoding or data-routing applications, requiring very short propagation delay times. The output of the IC always comes in TTL which makes it easy to work with other TTL devices and microcontrollers. The IC 74LS155 is smaller in size and it has a much faster speed which makes it reliable in every kind of device.
What is a Demultiplexer/Decoder?
A demultiplexer is a combinational logic circuit designed to switch one common input line to one of several separate output line. So, A demultiplexer converts a serial data signal at the input to a parallel data at its output lines.
74LS155 Pin Configuration
|Pin No||Pin Name||Description|
|1||Ea’||Active Low Enable Pin Ea’|
|2||Ea’||Active Low Enable Pin Ea’|
|3||A1||Address Input Pin|
|4||O3a’||Active Low Output Pin|
|5||O2a’||Active Low Output Pin|
|6||O1a’||Active Low Output Pin|
|7||O0a’||Active Low Output Pin|
|9||O0b’||Active Low Output Pin|
|10||O1b’||Active Low Output Pin|
|11||O2b’||Active Low Output Pin|
|12||O3b’||Active Low Output Pin|
|13||A0||Address Input Pin|
|14||Eb’||Active Low Enable Pin Eb’|
|15||Eb’||Active Low Enable Pin Eb’|
|16||Vcc||Chip Supply Voltage|
74LS155 Features & Specifications
- Technology Family: LS
- Rating: Catalog
- VCC (min): 4.75V
- VCC (max): 5.25V
- Supply voltage: 1.0V to 5.5V
- Frequency at nominal voltage: 35 MHz
- Typical propagation delay: 21nS
- Low power consumption: 32mW
- Operating temperature: -40ºC to +125ºC
- ESD protection
- IOL (Max): 8mA
- IOH (Max): 8mA
- Balanced propagation delays
- Designed specifically for high speed
- Channels (#): 2
- Configuration: 2:4
- Product type: Standard
- Demultiplexers receive output signals of the multiplexers and convert them back to the original form of the data at the receiving end in communication systems.
- Serves the function of Speed synchronization of multiple motors in industries.
- Also used in War field flying robot with a night vision flying camera.