Rhino Heavy Duty Planetary Geared motors are a game changer for the machinery industry. The high quality base motors are coupled with a robust and sturdy metal gearbox with 4 stages which can withstand a massive breaking torque of 100 kgs.For the 30 rpm motor you can run the motor continuosuly upto approx 65 to 70 Kgcm load with maximum efficiency. You may increase the load till 75 kgcms which is maximum continuous usage torque of gearbox, but the efficiency and rpm will be lower.The base motor and gear ratio are such that the motor will not stall at 75 kgs, but this is the maximum we recommend for long life of the gearbox. The stall torque for this motor is more than 200 kgs, however, this would damage the gearbox and hence we would recommend to limit the current to 5 – 7 A. Please make sure not to stall the motor with higher load than 75kgs continuously.
These motors have better performance than the Johnson motors and other High Torque motors as the gear box being provided is a Metal Planetary Gear Box. The gearbox in the Johnson Motors and other High Torque Geared Motors is Spur Gear Box. The sturdy metal planetary gearbox of Rhino Planetary Geared DC motor has multiple stages which helps in distributing the load over multiple gears and not putting the load on a single part. Compared to spur gearbox the number of parts in a planetary gear box is much higher which results in even distribution of load and better performance at higher torque and higher speed applications. The planetary gear boxes are also better at retention of lubrication which results in better performance.The planetary gearbox will also provide a more silent operation as compared to Spur gear for high torque or high speed applications considering the construction and retention of lubrication.
The Rhino Heavy duty motors are also provided with a back shaft to mount the requisite encoders for monitoring number of revolutions or for DC servo applications. This makes the motor suitable for multipurpose use as per the industrial application or for Mobile Robot applications with distance and path planning.
Even the mounting of the motors is very simple with 4 bolts alongwith the clamps provided in the accessories section. Just make sure you are using the correct length of the bolts as a longer bolt can damage the gear box top plate.
Over and above all the performance features being provided by the Rhino Heavy Duty Planetery Geared Motors, these are provided at Category Best Prices for the performance provided. These motors are providing unbeatable performance for industrial applications requiring continuous operations at high torques or at higher speeds.
- 30 RPM 12V Rhino Heavy Duty Planetary Geared, DC geared motors with Metal & Planetary Gearbox and Metal Gears
- 18000 RPM base motor
- 4 stage gearbox for optimum high torque operation, which has breaking torque of 100 kgcm.
- Not recommended to use beyond 75 kg cm for continuous use
- Motor rated Torque is 70 kg cm for continuous use at maximum efficiency.
- Stall torque of motor is higher than 200 kgcm, but not recommedned to exceed 75kgcm.
- Shaft is D type with total lenght of 16 mm and D shape in 12 mm.
- 6mm Dia shaft with M3 thread hole for tight mounting.
- Shaft can be coupled using CNC coupling 6 mm or using fixed coupling as per requirement
- Back shaft length is 9 mm
- Gearbox diameter is 32 mm.
- Motor Diameter 28.5 mm
- Length 81.5 mm without shaft
- 300 gm weight
- Supply Voltage : 12 V DC
- No-load current : 800 mA, Load current : upto 7.5 A(Max)